2. There is no fee for participation. There are no restrictions as to the themes, methods or techniques used.
3. Participants are allowed to send at most 3 different bookplates, dated not earlier than 2011. It is obligatory that three signed copies of each print are submitted. The art works will not be returned and will remain in the graphic collection of the organizer Largo Gallery.
4. Every participant must fill in the entry form attached to this announcement and post it together with the works submitted. Works not accompanied by a completed and signed application form will not be allowed to the selection and jury.
5. No limitation exists regarding the printmaking techniques. In addition to traditional printmaking techniques, computer designs shall also be accepted providing that works of art are made in limited total print. Photocopies, drawings or sketches shall not be accepted. The work shall be printed on paper not larger than 210 mm x 210 mm; the image shall not exceed the size of 150 x 150 mm. No indications or markings of other competitions must be present. The following words have to appear in all the works: “Ex libris”, “Bookplate” or some other similar expression (e.g. “From the library of...”), besides the name of the person or institution the work has been designed for. Each work must be signed or have the initials of the artist. The works should be without glass, frame or passé-partout. All entries must have the following information written in English, in pencil, on the reverse side: 1) surname, first name, address of the artist, 2) title of the work, 3) technique used, 4) dimensions of the engraved part, 5) date the work was created, 6) number of the copy and the total print. 6. The works should be sent by registered air-mail as PRINTED MATTERIAL in a simple packet, in the safest manner to avoid any kind of damage, without glass, frame or passé-partout, declaring "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE" to the following address:
Largo Art Gallery
8, Han Krum Str.
9000 Varna, Bulgaria
7. The deadline for the receiving of the works is July 31st 2014, the destination postal stamp date being decisive. Postage expenses are at the account of the sender. The organizers accept no responsibility for problems arising from the fault of the postal and courier services. 8. With completing and signing of the entry form attached to this announcement, the participant endows his works to the fund of Competition. Largo Gallery reserves the right to reproduce and exhibit any work accepted, for promotional or cultural purposes and/or reproduce works on web-site of the competition, books, catalogues, posters, postcards, etc. with no commercial purpose. The artists, by participating in this competition, accept the above rules and the jury's decisions.
9. A Jury will select the works to be exhibited. The names of the accepted artists will be published on the website of the competition till the end of July 2014. The entries, once accepted by the Jury, will be presented in the website and Facebook page of the Competition and will be displayed in the exhibition halls of Largo Gallery in August 2014. During the opening ceremony of the exhibition the winners will be announced and the prizes will be presented. The exhibition in Largo Gallery will last 30 days from 08 August till 09 September and will be open to the public daily from 11.00 to 18.30 h. A movie for the exhibition and the opening ceremony will be created and will be available on the You Tube channel of the Largo Gallery. 10. Jury Members: Prof. Hasip Pektas, Turkey – President of the Honorable Jury Chair of Visual Communication Design Department, Faculty of Fine Arts, Işik University, Istanbul; President of the Istanbul Ex-libris Society Ventseslav Antonov, Bulgaria Director of the International Varna Graphic Biennial, Director of the Graphic Gallery of the Varna City Gallery “Boris Georgiev" Anna Tikhonova, Belarus Head of Scientific and exposition department at the Museum of Modern Fine Art in Minsk (Belarus), curator of exlibris collection at the Museum of Modern Fine Art in Minsk (Belarus) Dimo Milanov, Bulgaria Graphic Artist, Co-Founder of the International Exlibris Competition Varna Nelly Valcheva, Bulgaria Gallery Owner of Largo Art Gallery, Co-Founder, Organizer and main Sponsor of the International Exlibris Competition Varna
11. Prizes: First Prize: 300 EUR and invitation for one-man show during the next International Exlibris Competition in Largo Gallery in Varna. Second Prize: 150 EUR and one-month online exhibition and web-presentation on the website of the competition during period, selected from the artist. Third Prize, Istanbul Exlibris Society’s Prize: 100 EUR Young Artist Award, for the young artist (under age of 28), student in art-school, art-college, university of arts: 100 EUR and web-presentation on the website of the competition during period, selected from the artist. Sponsor Awards
General information about International Exlibris Competition Varna at:
pnone: +359 52 602 062
Every participant must complete, sign and send the entry form attached to this announcement (see below).
SURNAME, FIRST NAME ______________________________________________________
DATE OF BIRTH______________________________________________________________
ZIP CODE, TOWN, COUNTRY___________________________________________________
WEB PAGE __________________________________________________________________
1. EX LIBRIS (Title, Technique, Engraving size (mm x mm))
2. EX LIBRIS (Title, Technique, Engraving size (mm x mm))
3. EX LIBRIS (Title, Technique, Engraving size (mm x mm))
With signing of this application form I, the undersigned, authorize the organizer Largo Art Ltd. to use my personal details according to Bulgarian regulations, accept the rules of the Competition and decisions of the Competition’s jury. I, the undersigned, declare that I’m the author and the owner of the copyrights of the presented works.
Place and date Signature